The Spook Who Sat By the Door The Spook Who Sat By the Door

Friday, July 27, 2012

wht the heck is going on in florida we dont eat steak no more//

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Officers with the St. Augustine Police Department were called to a home on Palmetto Avenue a little before 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning after residents of the home found a naked man on their roof.

When police got to the home, they found 22-year-old Jeremiah Haughee being restrained by two men on the floor of a home in the 60 block of Plametto Avenue. Haughee was naked and in a puddle of urine and broken glass, according to an arrest report from the St. Augustine Police Department.

Two officers handcuffed Haughee and tried to move him away from the puddle of urine and broken glass. Haughee was so combative, according to the report, one officer had to go back to his patrol car to get a pair of leg shackles.

When one of the officers broke away to get the shackles, Haughee started to increase his fighting, attempting to spit on and bite police. At one point, according to the report, Haughee moved the handcuffs from behind his back to in front of him, all while kicking one of the police officers.

Police, unable to restrain Haughee, attempted to tase him. Haughee was tased for five seconds before he stood up and either fell or dove over the railing on the porch, landing on a concrete stepping stone. Haughee, unfazed by the fall, then stood up and was again tased by police.

As police were coming off the porch to where Haughee was, he again stood up and was tased a third time. According to police, during the tasing, Haughee was ordered repeatedly to stay on the ground and to stop resisting.

More back up was called to the scene since the two officers already there were having a difficult time controlling Haughee.

While police were waiting on additional officers to arrive, Haughee continued fighting and officers were trying to subdue him using knee strikes and taser strikes.

The report notes that despite the presence of three additional officers, bringing the total to five, police continued to have difficulty controlling Haughee. One of the officers was bitten by Haughee on the lower right leg and required medical treatment.

Police put Haughee in a spit hood after he bit the officer. They also used a set of handcuffs to attach the leg shackles and handcuffs already on Haughee to each other.

Officers carried Haughee to one of the patrol cars after St. Johns County Fire Rescue personnel removed the taser darts from him.

Haughee was taken to Flagler Hospital where he was given 150 mg of Ketamine, which put him to sleep and made him much more manageable.

When police interviewed the homeowner, he said Haughee had been up on his roof naked after destroying patio furniture in the backyard. Haughee also jumped from the roof of the house onto the hood of the homeowner's car, smashing the windshield and denting the hood.

When the homeowner and his son opened the front door, Haughee jumped over the railing of the porch and tackled both men to the ground, breaking a picture frame. While he was fighting with the two men on the floor, the report notes, Haughee urinated on the floor.

The two men tried to restrain Haughee the best they could until officers could get to the home. During the fight, Haughee bit the homeowner in the stomach. Police said the bite was so severe it will leave the man permanently disfigured. The son received injuries to his elbow. Both the men refused medical treatment.

The father said when he first went to the door, he had a gun with him. He said he gave it to his wife during the struggle because he was afraid he would accidentally shoot his son.

The damage done to the car is estimated to be $1,500. In total, three officers were hit, kicked or bit, according to the report.

Haughee was arrested at Flagler Hospital. After he was treated for his injuries, he was taken to the St. Johns County Jail.

Haughee was booked on charges of burglary/assault, aggravated battery, simple battery, three counts of battery on a law enforcement officer and criminal mischief. Haughee's bond was set at $32,000. He was released from jail Sunday.

Because there is no statute for being under the influence of illegal drugs, Haughee is not being tested to see if he was under the influence of any substances.

No comments:

Post a Comment